New Location starting July 9!:
Pavilion 23 – 961 Marginal Road, Halifax, NS
Hours of Operation:
• Saturday – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Sunday – 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market moving to new location
The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market will open in its new location on Saturday, July 9, 2022. Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market vendors and customers will make the short move to Pavilion 23 into what is a permanent and purpose-built location. To celebrate this move into Pavilion 23, the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market will feature live entertainment and family-friendly activities.
“First off, we want to thank our vendors and customers for staying with us through all these changes over the past two years,” said Nick Garside, Director of Real Estate, Halifax Port Authority. “We hope their patience and dedication is rewarded with this new space that we are moving into. In developing the new location for the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market, we focused on keeping what works well and adding some new features that will elevate the experience for our customers and our vendors.”
The new space, located in the west end of the former Cunard Centre, is approximately 18,000 sq ft and will feature space for about 100 tables inside. There will be overflow space outside of the building for vendors who prefer an open-air experience during the warmer months. Everything is located on one level, with plenty of space for farmers, artisans, and prepared food vendors. The new location will feature a chalk message board for the young and young-at-heart to express themselves, and there will soon be a dedicated café situated within the Market area. The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market will continue to operate on weekends only, and the space will be available as an events venue outside of regular Farmers’ Market hours of operation, calls for which are already coming in.
“The market move is part of a progressive change that will benefit market customers/visitors and us vendors to operate in a new vibrant location which is designed for a better presentation for our products /services and a great overall customer experience.”
Amin’s Indian Food – Jaskirat and Shelly
“Not only are we a Seaport Market vendor, but we are also a market customer. We love to support our fellow vendors! From everything the market has to offer – local produce, meat, baked goods to prepared food, art and jewelry, my family enjoys the variety of what is offered. We had a sneak peek at the new location (on Instagram) & layout, and it offers the same welcoming market vibe, great lighting and ample parking as Pier 22 does, with more room to accommodate more vendors which I am sure our customers will love. Looking forward to the move!”
Earth Elemental Soap – Lynn Cummins
“While Ocean to Plate Seafood has enjoyed our time at the Halifax Seaport Farmer’s Market in Pavilion 22, we are looking forward to serving our valued customers in the newly renovated space in Pavilion 23, just next door. We are very much looking forward to seeing you at our new location, beginning July 9th.”
Ocean to Plate Seafood – Troy Atkinson
Why is the Farmer’s Market moving?
- Initially, we had planned to create an open-air outdoor market for the summer and fall and operate out of Pavilion 22 in the winter.
- When Pavilion 23 became available, we looked at whether it would work for an indoor space for the Farmers’ Market, and then consulted with our vendors, and this is where we landed.
How will this affect the vendors?
- We have been working with our vendors on layout and floor placement.
- We will be able to accommodate all our current vendors in the new space and we are working now to bring in new vendors.
How have the vendors responded to the move?
- Our vendors have been very receptive to the move. With the return of cruise ships and COVID restrictions loosening, vendors are looking forward to the new space.
What will happen to employees/vendors?
- The Halifax Port Authority is working with our vendors to help them through this process. This is not change for the sake of change, this is about finding the best way to move forward together.